Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Auntie Annie's Apple Pie


Auntie Annie gave me the recipe for the apple pie she brought to the hosital when Koralee was born. It is the best apple pie I've ever tasted in my entire life. The crumb topping is what sets it off. I suggest if you ever need a good apple pie recipe, you contact Annie for her recipe, or if she doesn't care you can get it from me. It is a very simple recipe, especially if you buy the pre-made pie crust.

Grandma Farwell came down on Monday night and stayed until Tuesday evening. She stayed up for quite a while with Koralee that night. She was wide awake absorbing her Grandma time. It allowed me almost 6 straight hours of sleep! Huge blessing. We also did a lot of cooking the next day. My first apple pie I made a few days earlier turned out charred on top. My oven is hot and I should have lowered the pie a little more in the oven. Mom and I made another one and it turned out fabulous. Just melts in your mouth. I can't stop eating it. Shun is telling me my "slivers" of pie I keep eating are going to leave him with only a sliver. I just keep saying, "I can make another one". Took a picture, but it didn't look as pretty half-eaten already. I'm sure there will be another full pie soon.

Mom also helped me put together some "Really Good Potatoes". It was from a recipe book I got from a lady at work. I made some Ceasar Pork Chops to go with them last night from the same recipe book. Both were really good. Definitely will be making that pork chop recipe again.

All in all, we had a fun time with Grandma. Nevaeh was very sad when she left. Kept asking for "pee-pah". But her face lights up when I tell her we will see both Grandma and Grandpa this weekend at their house, along with several of her cousins and aunts and uncles. We can't wait to see you all!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Can I have the recipe??? I'm glad mom could give you a night off. You need it.

The Jones Family said...

As long as Annie doesn't care, I would love to give you the recipe. It could definitely become a family favorite!

R and L Farwell said...

go for it! im glad you got some sleep, you must have been drained! If you dont mind, those pork chops sound really good if you would want to share the recipe! cant wait to see you all this weekend! :-)

The Farwells said...

I want the recipe too! =) Just got some freshly picked apples the other day. Wish we could be there with you all this weekend- hope you have a great time. I mailed Brenna's 3 month pictures to Nan so you can get them this weekend. Aunt Katie

The Jones Family said...

Annie had emailed me the recipe for the apple pie, so I will forward it onto Erika and Katie. Annie, I can email you the ceasar pork chop recipe as well!

Anonymous said...

MMMMM-mmmmmm, the pie was delicious indeed! A great way to use those fall apples that are in great abundance right now. It was a thrill to play pee-pah for a day, even if I didn't get much sleep.....

Love you all!